Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. The Court of Appeal will deliver its verdict on Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s appeal to set aside his conviction in the SRC International Sdn Bhd trial after a last minute gambit to adduce new evidence failed.
2. Sapura Energy Bhd saw its counter hit all-time lows on fears that it may be forced to sell its assets at a distressed price.
3. Cooperation between both Bank Negara Malaysia and the Monetary Authority of Singapore to commence a phased linkage of DuitNow and PayNow is being discussed.
4. Ireka Corporation Bhd has secured a RM468 million contract from the Terengganu government to build housing development in Kemaman.
5. Retail Group Malaysia is projecting 6% growth in Malaysia’s retail sales for 2022 despite Covid-19 fears lingering.