Proton confirms 49 more Covid-19 cases

-A +A

KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 19): Proton Holdings Bhd has confirmed that 49 more employees have tested positive for the Covid-19 virus after one employee had tested positive last week.

All 49 employees are from the group’s engineering division in Shah Alam and have been reported to the authorities, Proton said in a statement today.

For now, Proton has requested all non-essential personnel who work within the Shah Alam facility to work from home as a precautionary measure. 

“The company, which has been adhering to official protocols, is continuing its efforts with more stringent actions to ensure prevention of further spread. Contact tracing is ongoing and a Covid-19 team is monitoring the situation very closely.

"Once again, the company would like to reassure all its customers that it will continue to strictly follow all guidelines and procedures as it has been doing from the start of the pandemic. The Center of Service Excellence (COSE) and showroom are disinfected hourly and all customer facing personnel follow a rigorous procedure. Proton is working with the authorities who have guided the company through the process and are satisfied with the actions taken thus far,” it said.

Last week on Oct 15, the group said an employee from its research and development department, who was not customer facing, had tested positive.

Read also:
Proton employee tests positive for Covid-19

Kathy Fong